Beans on Toast
by Graham W.
Baked Beans (must be Heinz, for the best taste!). They've got a little bit of protein in them, but they have a higher fiber content ...
As for the Toast, wholemeal bread is more filling than White bread. Toast always tastes better with a spread of butter (Kerrygold, or Clover).
Best of all, it's quick to make! Put the toast on as you heat the beans - it can all be ready to eat within 5 minutes.
"Jacket Potato + Filling"
1. Oven on Gas Mark 5
2. Wash and dry large potato
3. Brush with Oil (Walnut Oil, or Mild Olive Oil)
4. Add salt over the top of the oiled potato
5. Put in oven for 1-1/2 hours.
You get a nice and crispy jacket with the oil & salt and all the goodness of the potato inside.
As for the Filling:
- Tuna & Mayo
- Cottage Cheese
- Grated Cheese (Cheddar variety)
- Baked Beans (staying topical with this post!)
- Stir-fried Mushrooms
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Meals on a Budget.