Bread Machine Pizza Dough
This pizza crust recipe is for bread machine pizza dough, but can be adapted if you do not have a bread machine. If you make a lot of homemade pizza, you might want to consider getting a bread machine to save yourself a lot of time and work kneading dough!
Allow 3 to 4 hours for preparation and rising, etc.
- 1 cup warm water (not too hot or it will kill the yeast - just warm to the touch)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups bread flour (you can substitute up to half of this for whole wheat flour if you want to)
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 teaspoons dried granulated yeast
- Put the water, oil, flour and sugar into the bread machine. Make a small 'well' in the top of the flour and put the yeast in it.
- Select your bread machine's dough cycle and start the machine.
- When the cycle is complete, take the dough out and shape it into a ball put in a bowl that you have coated with olive oil.Turn the dough over to coat it completely in oil.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and let it rise in a warm, draft-free place for 30 minues. When the dough has doubled in size, punch it down and knead it lightly.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- To shape your bread machine pizza dough, place it on a lightly floured surface and shape it into a small, flat disk. Working from the center, push the dough outward to make the disk larger. Pick up the dough and move your hands along the edges, allowing gravity to pull it in to a circle. If it thins in sections, return it to the floured surface and pull and stretch it there.
- Place the dough on well greased baking tray or pizza pan.
- Add toppings of your choice and bake at 425 until crust is golden brown around the edges and the toppings are hot and bubbly. How long this takes will depend on your toppings and how thick your crust is. (Usually 12 - 20 minutes)
NOTE: for a nice crisp and very thin pizza, you and bake the crust a bit BEFORE adding the toppings and then after too.
Makes enough dough for 1 medium-thick large pizza or 2 smaller pizzas bread machine pizza dough
Return to Homemade Pizza from Bread Machine Pizza Dough
Home to Frugal Living Now