Celebrating Frugal holidays
Maximize your spending power with these tips for stretching your holiday budget
Frugal Holiday Decorating Ideas
- Make a spending plan - Sit down and make a list of everything you spend money on for the
holidays: decorations, gifts, entertaining, travel, etc. Estimate how much you will need this year and
then make changes according to funds available.
- Know your limits - Decide how much money you can afford to spend on gifts and make a list of
people you want to buy gifts for. This will help you to see how much you can spend on each gift and gives
you a better idea of what to look for when you are shopping. Setting limits can help you to avoid credit
card debt after the holidays are over.
- Track your spending - keep track of how much you spend as you go, so you will know if you are
staying within your budget or not.
- Shop with a list to help yourself stay focused and on track
- Take cash. If you leave your credit cards at home and spend cash you will notice right away if you are overspending - not two months later when the credit card bill comes!
Holiday Party Ideas
- Make a Thanksgiving centerpiece with a pretty birch log. Drill holes in the log and insert
small branches or autumn leaves. Finish it off with moss, red berries, ribbons, or artificial birds
(from a craft store).
- Use a pumpkin for a Halloween or Thanksgiving centerpiece.
- Another centerpiece idea for Thanksgiving or Halloween: In a basket arrange leaves, mini pumpkins,
goards, acorns, and other natural autumn items.
Parties play a big part in many holidays. Holiday entertaining is a lot of fun, and many people feel it
is expected of them. These
cocktail party ideas
can save you time and money when entertaining during the holidays
There are many unique and creative ideas for
If you have a hobby, that may be a source of
. If you love to bake or are handy in the kitchen (and even if you're not!) there are most certainly people on your gift-giving list that would love to receive homemade food gifts from you.
Be creative and give something from the heart!
If you feel the need to buy a present, then buy products that may not always be first rate. For instance, instead of buying an expensive smart phone, go with something like a T-Mobile simple phone
, that is still good but may not be as expensive.
Think outside the box when wrapping your gifts, too. If you are not careful, your wrapping supplies can cost more than the gift they contain! See these
creative gift wrapping
tips and learn how to recycle wrapping paper, ribbons, and other wrapping items.
Christmas on a Budget
Money saving ideas for Christmas cards, entertaining, and decorating for
Christmas on a budget
Cook your sweetheart's favorite meal at home instead of going out to eat. If you have kids, try trading childcare for the evening with friends. Do each other a favor and host your date nights on separate days; you watch their kids while they celebrate, and vice versa. That way you can dedicate a night to your sweetie without the potential of having an interruption.
unique Valentine gifts
, get creative! There are many frugal gifts that say, "I love you", and your sweetheart will appreciate the extra thought you put into your gift.
Halloween Party Ideas
Ideas for Halloween decorations,
homemade costume ideas
, and Halloween parties on a budget.
Send me your frugal holiday ideas and help Frugal Living Now become a better site! Use my
page to send tips, comments, or suggestions.
From Frugal Holidays back to Frugal Living Now