Frugal Living Interview
Piera Jolly is Jolly Mom! One of Nielsens 50 Power Moms, wife and mom, founder and editor of the popular blog,
. Piera does product reviews and supplies parenting tips, recipes and lots of ideas for kids' activities and craft projects.
Piera has been gracious enough to take time out from her busy schedule and talk with us today. Welcome, Piera!
1. Thank you for taking the time to answer some questions today, Piera! Please tell us a bit about yourself and your blog?
Hi everyone! My name is Piera-- I am a first time mom of a 2 year old little boy named Lucas. I am a wife, blogger, and wannabe crafter, chef, and interior designer. I am so happy and honored to be featured here!
2. Can you tell us the story behind why you started Jolly Mom?
I really started it as a place to share pictures of Lucas, my son with friends and family. I never imagined anyone besides family would read my blog or more importantly--that I would fall in love with blogging.
3. What else do you do with your time other than raising your son and blogging?
I love to cook, craft, and most of all--I love to refurbish furniture and turning someone else's "junk" into "treasure". I spend a lot of time at garage sales, thrift stores, and Craigslist!
4. Do you have other blogs? Can you tell us about those?
I do have some other blogs, but they haven't been updated in over a year. I only have time to devote to Jolly Mom.
5. You have such creative ideas! I love your article on re-purposing baby food jars as storage for spices. Have you always been a creative person, or do you find that motherhood brings out your creativity?
No, I haven't always been creative. In fact, I used to say I didn't have a creative bone in my body--especially compared to my brothers who are true artists.
It all started with the show Trading Spaces--it inspired a love for the home and interior design. All of a sudden I felt like I could do and make things on my own and affordably. Years later, Lucas was born and motherhood has definitely inspired me even more.
6. Do you consider yourself to be a frugal mom? How often does frugality influence your ideas and the things you write about?
Yes! I have become an avid couponer and am always scouring ads and the latest deals. I research every thing I buy to make sure that I am getting the best price possible. That said, we do splurge at times--like Christmas, birthdays, etc. Additionally, we will spend more for healthier products when possible.
7. Thank you for joining me today, Piera! To wrap things up, can you tell us what you have in store for 2010? Are you planning any changes for Jolly Mom?
Thank you for having me--I am very honored that you asked!
You know, I do have BIG plans for Jolly Mom this year. I am brainstorming a site redesign and have some ideas brewing on including more of my passions--like the home, cooking, and crafting. Stay tuned!
From Jolly Mom back to Frugal Living Interviews
Home to Frugal Living Now