Poor Mans Lobster recipe
A frugal dinner idea that is elegant enough for a special occasion!
I like fish, but I never used to cook it at home very often because I
was not quite sure how to cook it. This method (I hesitate to even call
it a recipe, because it is so simple and involves so few ingredients)
was taught to me by my husband - his mother used to make it when he was
growing up and she called it 'poor man's lobster'. It really is very
similar to lobster in texture and taste!
This is all you need:
- about a pound of cod, thawed and drained, if previously frozen
- salt and lemon pepper (or regular pepper if you don't have lemon-pepper)
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Heat the broiler in your oven on high
- Put the fish on a broiling pan and sprinkle with salt and lemon pepper
- Broil the fish until it is firm and lightly browned (10 - 20 minutes; depends on thickness of fish and how hot your broiler is)
- Melt the butter in a small serving dish
- Serve the cod with the melted butter for dipping (like lobster).
More Frugal Recipes
Home to Frugal Living Now