Make your own delicious homemade pancakes from scratch without additives or unhealthy ingredients - and save money too!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 - 1 cup milk (depending on how thick you like your batter)
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter or olive oil
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with a fork.
- In a larger bowl mix all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt) until well blended.
Add the milk and oil in with the egg and mix together; add to the dry
ingredients and stir just until moist - do not over mix.
Heat a skillet or flat griddle pan on medium heat. To test the pan,
sprinkle with a few drops of water. If bubbles skitter around, pan is
- For each pancake, pour about 1/3 cup of
batter onto the hot pan. Cook until the edges look dry and air bubbles
form on the top of the pancakes. Carefully turn each one over to cook
the other side until golden brown.
- Serve with butter and syrup or other toppings of your choice.
Makes about 8 pancakes.
To make blueberry pancakes, add 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries to the batter before cooking.
Return from Homemade Pancakes back to Frugal Food
Home to Frugal Living Now